Hawaii dominates the imagination of many people; it’s the dream destination for surfers, adventurers, nature lovers and so on. I had the pleasure to visit Oahu – the third largest of the Hawaiian Islands, also where the city capital, Honolulu, is – while living in New York City, and it was a trip to remember. Write this post made me feel very nostalgic because it was an incredible adventure with special fellas; we were all very excited to be there. What else can I say? I want to go back as soon as possible and also visit the other Islands; they must be as amazing as Oahu. See below 30 photos and facts that will make you fall in love with this volcanic island, just like I did.
1.Because of the panoramic view of Hanauma Bay.
2. Because of the amazing corals of Hanauma Bay – you’ll scratch your belly and legs while snorkeling, but it doesn’t matter because the experience is too nice.
3. Because of the view from the window.
4. Because of Waikiki.
5. Because of the incredible sunset from Waikiki Beach.
6. Because of the fire torches around the city.
7. Because of the surfboards that you’ll see all the time.
8. Because of the view of the crater of Diamond Head volcano.
9. Because of the view of Honolulu, from the top of Diamond Head volcano.
10. Because of the breathtaking views from the roads around the island.
11. Because of Lanikai beach, one of the most beautiful in Oahu.
12. Because of the beautiful view of Laniloa.
13. Because of Haleiwa’s historic center, considered the first surf town in the world.
14. Because of Makapu’u point lookout.
15. Because of the trail to get there.
16. Because of Kailua beach, a spot for windsurfing and kitesurfing lovers.
17. Because of the fresh flower leis.
18. Because of the super colorful Hawaiian drinks.
19. Because of the deserted beaches that you’ll discover around the island.
20. Because of these super cool umbrellas, they are everywhere.
21. Because of the Honolulu Harbor.
22. Because of the hula shows that happen in the sunset in Waikiki Beach.
23. Because of Shark’s Cove.
24. Because of the street names.
25. Because of the delicious resorts with open areas to the public.
26. Because of the aggressively beautiful waves of the North Shore beaches (remembering that these large waves happen only during the winter).
27. Because of the beautiful Byodo-In Temple.
28. Because of the people, adventurous, friendly and with good vibes.
29. Because of the color of the sea.
30. Because of the iconic “Aloha”, spoken by everyone anywhere on the island.